- To recruit 16,000 participants nationally
- Nearly 3/4 of the way to reaching our goal with 11,000 participants as of August 2023
- Check out our 10,000 participants milestone article
- An average of 150 new participants join every week
- Collect samples and data on patients’ conditions
- Ensure efficient recruitment process at 107 sites across England
- In December 2022, we opened our 100th recruitment site at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Find out more in our recent article.
- Reach out to PPIE (Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement) groups to address under-representation of ethnically diverse groups and those with more severe disease activity
- Support research into shared biomarkers for IMID conditions, patient outcomes, and the links between health, genes and the environment
About IMID BioResource
Immune-Mediated Inflammatory Diseases (IMIDs) are a wide group of common health conditions which cause inflammation in the body. IMIDs can affect different parts of the body, but all work by triggering the body's immune system to fight itself, causing inflammation. Common conditions include Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), and Psoriasis.
The NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) is the lead centre for the NIHR IMID BioResource, in collaboration with NIHR Newcastle BRC and NIHR Leeds BRC.
The IMID BioResource is available for researchers from academia and industry. You can find out more about how the IMID BioResource can support commercial research in our industry infographic.