A draft is now available. It has been submitted to a pre-print server too.
The most likely target journal is Nature Scientific Data
Its article format is:
- Title (110 characters maximum, including whitespaces)
- Abstract (170 words maximum, no references)
- Background & Summary (700 words maximum)
- Methods (unlimited length)
- Data Records (unlimited length)
- Technical Validation (unlimited length)
- Usage Notes (unlimited length)
- Code Availability
- Figures (generally no more than three per manuscript)
- Tables (generally no more than ten per manuscript)
In terms of the HDR UK Data Utility Framework, submitting an article to a peer-reviewed journal, while publishing it at biorxiv, would show this improvement:
- Provenance (To move from silver to gold):
- Action: Publish a data descriptor paper.