This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
Please see a list of all cookies used below:
|__utma||Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website.Google Analytics stores IP address anonymously on its servers in the US, and neither CIVIC or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information. These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.|
We are committed to protecting your privacy, in accordance with the Data Protection Act and undertake not to use any information we may hold about you for any purpose other than that for which it was collected.
- We do not automatically capture or store personal information through our websites except in the cases outlined below. Under no circumstances, do we use your data for anything other than the purpose for which it has been collected.
- On some pages of our website, we may display advertisements for commercial products. These will always be clearly identified as such. There are cookies associated with these advertisements, but they do not collect any personal information about you. They are there to control how the advertisement appears. More information on cookies can be found here.
- These advertisements link to third party sites; again, these will be covered by their own privacy policies, for which we cannot be held responsible or liable.
- You can opt out of cookies at any time, following the instructions in your browser. These are typically found under ‘Tools’ and ‘Options’ (PC) or ‘Preferences’ (Mac) though the details vary from browser to browser. Detailed instructions on how to control cookies can be found here.
- At certain times you may be asked to fill in information about yourself on the site e.g. when filling in a form. This information will only be used for the purpose stated in each case. We will not distribute personal information collected in this way to any 3rd party.
- We may analyse statistical trends based on responses to forms etc to help us to improve our services, however this analysis will not include personal information.
- Although we will always treat the information you send us with the strictest confidence, we cannot guarantee the security of the world wide web. It is possible, though very unlikely, that someone other than ourselves could access and read information sent to us in this way. If you feel concerned about this, please use another form of contact, e.g. telephone or post.